Changing blogging domain and site

Image
Dear blogger friends, Lately, I had a few problems with the Blogger web site for my blog The Content Reader . I took this as a sign that I should finally create a web site of my own. I have been checking out other options, but could not get my act together. Finally, I have managed to create a basic web site with Wix, which I hope will be developed over time.  It has not been easy to find my way around. One thing one can say about Blogger is that it is easy to work with.  This site will no longer be updated Follow me to my new domain @  thecontentreader.com Hope to see you there.  Lisbeth @ The Content Reader

The Classic Club Spin # 27




I had just updated my list for the Classic Club Spin and ... voilá there is the e-mail with the number. This month's spin number is 6 and that means Women in Love by D.H. Lawrence. That is a book I dread a little bit, but I will try to get through it.  This is my list. 

1. The Master and Margarita by Michail Bulgakov

2. Death Comes for the Archbishop by Willa Carter

3. Daisy Miller by Henry James

4. The Seahawk by Rafael Sabatini.   

5. Anna Karenina by Leo Tolstoj 

6. Women in Love by D.H. Lawrence

7. Child Harold by Lord Byron

8. House of Mirth by Edith Wharton

9. The Red and the Black by Stendhal

10. The Grapes of Wrath by John Steinbeck

11. Doctor Zhivago by Boris Pasternak

12. The Wings of the Dove by Henry James 

13. Sons and Lovers by D.H. Lawrence

14. Tom Jones by Henry Fielding

15. To Have and Have not by Ernest Hemingway

16. Age of Innocence by Edith Wharton

17. The Razor's Edge by W. Somerset Maugham

18. The Brothers Karamazov by Fjodor Dostoevsky

19. The House on the Strand by Daphne du Maurier

20. A Writer's Notebook by Somerset Maugham


I did take out two books which I know I will not read; The Book Thief by Markus Zusak and Moments of Being by Virginia Woolf (although I do like Woolf). The paper book of Lawrence is at home, so will see if I can get hold of an e-book version, since I am living van life in the north of Sweden.

Comments

  1. I got Robert Frost "A Boy’s Will" and "North of Boston" for my list.

    Happy reading.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you are pleased. I have heard of neither but will check them out.

      Delete
    2. Well, I'm not a big fan of poetry and we just read one with the book club, so I would have wished for another one. On the other hand, that way I will read it now.

      Delete
    3. Oh, so it is poetry. I like it sometimes, depends on the mood. A wonderful poem was recommended to me by a friend, An Arundel Tomb by Philip Larkin. You find the poem under this link: https://thecontentreader.blogspot.com/2018/01/an-arundel-tomb-by-philip-larkin.html

      Delete
    4. That is indeed a beautiful one. I don't mind the odd poem but I'm not too keen on reading a whole book of poems, my mind kind of wanders off.

      Delete
  2. I decided to skip the spin this time. I'm reading two CC books right now and I didn't want to overextend myself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am bound to do the same, but I found it for free, so will see if I get along reading it. I have a few other books I have to finish as well. Most if the time I am not able to finish the spin books anyway. But, I am always full of hope in the beginning.
      I also like the idea of choosing a book at random.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Subtle Art Of Not Giving A F*ck by Mark Manson

How To Read Novels Like A Professor by Thomas C. Foster

Searching for Caleb by Anne Tyler