Changing blogging domain and site

Image
Dear blogger friends, Lately, I had a few problems with the Blogger web site for my blog The Content Reader . I took this as a sign that I should finally create a web site of my own. I have been checking out other options, but could not get my act together. Finally, I have managed to create a basic web site with Wix, which I hope will be developed over time.  It has not been easy to find my way around. One thing one can say about Blogger is that it is easy to work with.  This site will no longer be updated Follow me to my new domain @  thecontentreader.com Hope to see you there.  Lisbeth @ The Content Reader

Paris in July 2021 - My French Dinner

Thyme for Tea is hosting another Paris in July challenge this year. Now I am ready for my contribution to a French dinner.  Being on the road in our camper van, it is not that easy to make a French dinner. I still wanted to try something in all simplicity. At the time of the dinner I was at the Inari lake in north eastern part of Finland. A beautiful lake and we got a place just by the water. 

In this part of the world the supermarkets mostly have basic things connected to France. They have a lot of local specialities that we also tried out. But, now it is all French. I managed to buy a brie and a camembert but that was about it. Oh, I also managed to find a beautiful wine from one of our favourite producers Guigal. 

I pretend with this dinner that making the menu card in French will make everybody believe that this is a genuin French dinner. So here we go, the MENU!

My husband, Martin, made the spaghetti. This recipe is one he makes very well and I always enjoy it. Being in the north and it being summer strawberries is a must. Especially tasty with whipped cream which the French call 'chantilly'. Plat de fromage is all French and with the pleasant Côtes-du-Rhône from Guigal, dinner was saved. 

Especially enjoying to eat it outdoors in a beautiful environment. 

Comments

  1. Your dinner looks very French in spirit. I've had that type of picnic or camping meal served by French friends, and it fits with my memories. I hope you enjoy the rest of your trip, and have lots of local specialties.

    best... mae at maefood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Mae, sounds very nice. The menu is actually quite good as a picnic. Spaghetti can be eaten cold as well.
      We have eaten a lot of fish, fished by Martin. I say no, no more fishing.
      Our little fridge is now full of reindeer and elk meat to be enjoying within the next couple of days.

      Delete
  2. The cheese plate is always my favorite. You can't really have a French meal without it, I think.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you are right. We eat it often, it is just so delicious.

      Delete
  3. A very charming post. Geographically very far from me here in Manila but somehow i felt i was there

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your menu looks really pretty and beautifully done and the dinner sounds tremendous. I love this, Lisbeth!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jeanie, it was very nice. I often think that the surrounding makes half the pleasure of a dinner.

      Delete
  5. What a lovely way of celebrating Paris in July.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was, different and, another kind of atmosphere.

      Delete
  6. Oh- now that's camping in style - with a menu and all! I love it Lisbeth. My husband works in the camping industry, and I'm thinking he should be promoting special themed dinners alongside the camp cookware section. And I agree with Deb, j'adore le plat au fromage!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Even in a more simple, but often more beautiful, surrounding it is nice to make an extra effort. How wonderful that your husband is in the camping industry. We love camping, the simple life which is often so much more luxurious than our ordinary ones. I am happy if I have been able to inspire to themed dinners. Something we always enjoy. Yes, cheese is never wrong.

      Delete
  7. This sounds like such a great meal and one to remember for sure!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Yes, I think the different dinners are always remembered.

      Delete
  8. Sounds yummy - and what a beautiful setting!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Subtle Art Of Not Giving A F*ck by Mark Manson

How To Read Novels Like A Professor by Thomas C. Foster

Searching for Caleb by Anne Tyler