Changing blogging domain and site

Image
Dear blogger friends, Lately, I had a few problems with the Blogger web site for my blog The Content Reader . I took this as a sign that I should finally create a web site of my own. I have been checking out other options, but could not get my act together. Finally, I have managed to create a basic web site with Wix, which I hope will be developed over time.  It has not been easy to find my way around. One thing one can say about Blogger is that it is easy to work with.  This site will no longer be updated Follow me to my new domain @  thecontentreader.com Hope to see you there.  Lisbeth @ The Content Reader

Non-fiction November 2020

 

Another favourite challenge is coming up, namely Nonfiction November. Hosted by Katie@Doing Dewey, Rennie@What's Nonfiction, Julie@Julz Read and Leann@Shelf Aware. As you see below, they will host one week each.

As usual, each week is filled with a challenge as regards Nonfiction. It will be exciting to exchange views on our different interests when it comes to Nonfiction. 

Week 1: (November 2-6) – Leann will be kicking things off with Your Year in Nonfiction: Take a look back at your year of nonfiction and reflect on the following questions – What was your favourite nonfiction read of the year? Do you have a particular topic you’ve been attracted to more this year? What nonfiction book have you recommended the most? What are you hoping to get out of participating in Nonfiction November?  

Week 2: (November 9-13) – I’ll be rocking Book Pairing: This week, pair up a nonfiction book with a fiction title. It can be an “If you loved this book, read this!” or just two titles that you think would go well together. Maybe it’s a historical novel and you’d like to get the real history by reading a nonfiction version of the story. 

Week 3: (November 16-20) – Rennie is asking you to Be The Expert/Ask the Expert/Become the Expert: Three ways to join in this week! You can either share 3 or more books on a single topic that you have read and can recommend (be the expert), you can put the call out for good nonfiction on a specific topic that you have been dying to read (ask the expert), or you can create your own list of books on a topic that you’d like to read (become the expert). 

Week 4: (November 23-27) – Katie’s rounding things up with New to My TBR : It’s been a month full of amazing nonfiction books! Which ones have made it onto your TBR? Be sure to link back to the original blogger who posted about that book! 

Week 5: (Nov. 30) – To cap the month off, we’ll be talking nonfiction via podcast.

This year's reading

I have read 18 Nonfiction books so far this year (from my own shelves and from the library). My TBR shelves host another 92 nonfiction books. My favourite nonfiction subject is history. I cannot say exactly what I will be reading, will leave some 'spur of the moment' decisions. However, I would like to mix the subject. From my list:

History

Having recently visited Delft in the Netherlands, I bought two books about the city and its most famous citizen, the painter Johannes Vermeer.

- Vermeer's Little Street, A View of the Penspoort in Delft by Frans Gruzenhout

- A View of Delft, Vermeer Then and Now by Anthony Bailey

Evolution

I have a couple of books about evolution and it might be time to read them:

- Min europeiska familj, De senaste 54000 åren (My European Family, the latest 54000 years) by Karin Bojs

- Evolutionen och jag (The Evolution and I) by Johan Frostegård

Literature

Always interesting to read books about literature, how to read and ways of interpreting them.

- How to Read Novels Like a Professor by Thomas C. Foster

Life

How should we approach and live life? Big questions. Jordan Peterson's book was talked about when it came out, and now might be the time to read it. 

- 12 Rules for Life, An Antidote to Chaos by Jordan B. Peterson

Nature

One of the most talked-about, and prize-winning book in Sweden in 2019. The lives of eels turned exciting. 

- Ålevangeliet (The Gospel of Eels) by Patrik Svensson

That is seven books. Let's see where we are at the end of November. 

Comments

  1. Ooh, it sounds like you've got some fun plans for Nonfiction November! I can't wait to hear about what you pick up :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let's see where I end up in the end of the month. The usual outcome is that I read other books than those I mention beforehand. Having said that, I will now grab 'The Gospel of Eels' and go to bed for a good read.

      Delete
  2. I prefer nonfiction, in general, to fiction, but this year I have tended to step away from any books that might cause me additional anxiety. One of the parts of Nonfiction November I enjoy most is seeing what books others have read and liked during the past year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I usually mix fiction and nonfiction. For some reason I have read quite a lot of nonfiction this year. It is a little bit strange since I, like a lot of other people, seem to have problems concentrating on anything during these troubled times. In the beginning of the year, I mostly read thrillers and detective stories. Could not get myself to read anything more seriously. Now, I am back to normal reading, although try to avoid too much of real life reading. That is probably why I stick to history.
      I also enjoy to see what other people are reading. I hope to be inspired to read something out of my own comfort and interest zone.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Subtle Art Of Not Giving A F*ck by Mark Manson

How To Read Novels Like A Professor by Thomas C. Foster

Searching for Caleb by Anne Tyler