Changing blogging domain and site

Image
Dear blogger friends, Lately, I had a few problems with the Blogger web site for my blog The Content Reader . I took this as a sign that I should finally create a web site of my own. I have been checking out other options, but could not get my act together. Finally, I have managed to create a basic web site with Wix, which I hope will be developed over time.  It has not been easy to find my way around. One thing one can say about Blogger is that it is easy to work with.  This site will no longer be updated Follow me to my new domain @  thecontentreader.com Hope to see you there.  Lisbeth @ The Content Reader

New purchases

I should not really buy any new books, but sometimes I cannot help myself. At least I manage rather well with new books since I can borrow them at the library. When I visit second-hand shops it is quite a different game. Here you often find older and non-fiction books that are not so easy to find today, although the library has them of course. No excuse there! I was just trying.

I tend to go toward non-fiction history books. In the neighbourhood you also find books about local history. Lately, especially during the pandemic when there was not so much more to do than go out into the woods, I have looked more into what was happening close by. Skåne, or Scania, is an interesting place. Settlements have been found from very early on, the area was Danish for centuries and since the mid 17th century is Swedish. That means there is a lot of history around. 

Books I bought recently. 

Blom, K Arne & Moen, Jan - Försvunna städer i Skåneland - about lost cities in Skåne (Scania)

Foster, Thomas C., - How to Read Novels Like a Professor  - sound like an interesting book, and will hopefully, improve my reading. 

Gilhus, Ingvild S & Thomassen, Einar - Antikens religioner - Religions of the Antique, always interesting. 

Hartemans läkarebok av år 1765  - a doctors book of deceases in 1765. I will use it as research for a project of mine. 

Hern, Kjell - Bra sagt genom tiderna  - Intelligent quotes through time. I love these kinds of quotes. 

Hagerman, Maja - Spåren av kungens män - The trace of the king's men. Historical notes. 

Lagerkvist, Pär - Barabbas - Barabbas, one of the most famous of this Nobel Prize Laureate. I wanted to read it for a long time.  

Lagerkvist, Pär - Sibyllan - The Sibyl, another book by Lagerkvist. 

Professions of the Ancient World - interesting to see what kind of professions were common in the ancient world. 

Litteraturorientering för gymnasieskolan - Literature for high school pupils. 

Maugham, Williams Somerset - The Moon and Sixpence - Famous book, by famous author. Wanted to read for a long time. 

Sjöström, Oskar - Fraustadt 1706, Ett fält färgat rött  - Another historical battle for the Swedes. 

Wesseling, Henk, Imperiernas tid 1815-1919  - Time of Empires 1815-1919. Interesting political time in Europe with big changes. 

León, Vicki - Working IX to V, Orgy Planners, Funeral Clowns, and Other Prized Professions of the Ancient World - Working 9 - 5, looks like it could be an interesting overview. 

Looking forward to digging into these books. 

Comments

  1. I know the feeling. LOL
    Ha en trevlig helg ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I did not stop there. I have been to a few other fleamarkets or second hand shops and came out with more books. At least they are second hand and I can always give it back later.

      Delete
    2. I know, that's what I always tell myself. ;) That's what any addict tells themselves "I can stop any time." LOL

      I'm glad I'm not the only one. At least books are good for us. ♥

      Delete
    3. Ooohh, I know, I know...! It is an addiction. Just to touch or look into a book is a high pleasure for me.

      Delete
    4. Same here. For me, there is hardly a nicer place on earth than a bookshop. :-D

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Subtle Art Of Not Giving A F*ck by Mark Manson

How To Read Novels Like A Professor by Thomas C. Foster

Searching for Caleb by Anne Tyler