Changing blogging domain and site

Image
Dear blogger friends, Lately, I had a few problems with the Blogger web site for my blog The Content Reader . I took this as a sign that I should finally create a web site of my own. I have been checking out other options, but could not get my act together. Finally, I have managed to create a basic web site with Wix, which I hope will be developed over time.  It has not been easy to find my way around. One thing one can say about Blogger is that it is easy to work with.  This site will no longer be updated Follow me to my new domain @  thecontentreader.com Hope to see you there.  Lisbeth @ The Content Reader

Paris in July 2020 - coming to an end



All things come to an end, and Paris in July 2020 has finished. Host Tamara at Thyme for Tea,  lets us linger a little bit more though. Time to wrap up. I have enjoyed all the various posts about Paris and France. Learnt a lot, been inspired, got hungry, extended my to-read list, and even managed to put up a few posts myself.

As usual, my plans went 'out the window' (as we say in Swedish), meaning that very few of my intended posts were written. Other inspiration came in their place. I read books by my two favourite thriller writers; The Poison Will Remain by Fred Vargas and  Time is a Killer by Michel Bussi. A few favourite French movies went into the pot, as well as some unfinished posts from last year(!) about magical rooms; Gertrude Stein and Natalie Clifford Barney and Adrienne Monnier and Sylvia Beach. At the very end of July, I received a book from author and blogger Paulita Kincher for a review, Falling for Provence. That was a wonderful novel for wrapping up everything French. 

Thank you Tamara for hosting the event. I understand it is not only me who really enjoys the month of July, due to Paris but many other bloggers as well. Happy seeing old friends, make new acquaintances, and having had an enjoyable time. See you next year for Paris in July, but hope to run into you during the waiting time. 

Comments

  1. Paris never ends in our thoughts and imagination! A neighbor yesterday, completely by chance, dropped off two favorite mysteries that happen to be set in Paris!

    I've enjoyed your posts.

    be well... mae at maefood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lucky you to have such nice neighbours! Thanks for your contributions which are really well written, and contains a lot of interesting history.

      Delete
  2. So glad you were able to review Paul Kincer's book. If some of your readers want to say a but more in France I have a giveaway going on for this book, for the whole month or August: https://francebooktours.com/2020/08/01/august-2020-book-of-the-month-giveaway/
    We also have 2 books set in France available for review: https://francebooktours.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was really a positive surprise! Loved it, for its story, characters and historical features.

      Delete
  3. I was going to do a fifth week and just couldn't get it together! Thanks for the introduction to the terrific books you posted about!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy you find them interesting. They were all good!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Subtle Art Of Not Giving A F*ck by Mark Manson

How To Read Novels Like A Professor by Thomas C. Foster

Searching for Caleb by Anne Tyler