Changing blogging domain and site

Image
Dear blogger friends, Lately, I had a few problems with the Blogger web site for my blog The Content Reader . I took this as a sign that I should finally create a web site of my own. I have been checking out other options, but could not get my act together. Finally, I have managed to create a basic web site with Wix, which I hope will be developed over time.  It has not been easy to find my way around. One thing one can say about Blogger is that it is easy to work with.  This site will no longer be updated Follow me to my new domain @  thecontentreader.com Hope to see you there.  Lisbeth @ The Content Reader

Paris in July - French movies



Paris in July, hosted by Tamara at Thyme for Tea. Everything French and Paris is interesting for this group of bloggers.

I wanted to watch a French film, but have not yet got through D'après une histories vraie (Based on a True Story). In the meantime, I wanted to recommend a couple of other French films that I love.

I really enjoyed  Coco Avant Chanel (Coco Before Chanel), about the French fashion icon. This is her story before she got famous. It is beautifully filmed and shows a woman determined to make something of herself and her talent. Audrey Tautou makes an excellent performance as Coco. 

Another French icon is Colette. Keira Knightley plays Colette in the film with the same name. It is the story of how she became a successful writer, and the obstacles she faced on the way. For a long time, she had to publish her books under the name of her husband. 

Both films highlight strong women who had to fight hard to make it in a men's world. I found both films very interesting. 

One of my favourite French movies is The Intouchables. It is about an aristocrat, who after he becomes a quadriplegic from a paragliding accident, hires a young man from the projects to be his caregiver. Superbly acted by François Cluzet and Omar Sy. Two different kinds of people, from different worlds, meet, clash, fight, and become friends. It is about how we all can take lessons from each other, how we can learn from people different from us, and how someone, locked into his own world, can come out on the other side. It is a charming film and a must-see. (Links to trailers under titles).

Comments

  1. I need to watch more French movies! Nice suggestions.

    be well... mae at maefood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree. These are some of my favourites.

      Delete
  2. Thanks for the recommendation, Lisbeth. Last night we watched Cezanne et Moi on our netflix,which wasn't bad. I like your suggestions.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They were good and interesting. Especially, the one about Colette. It was not easy for women in those days. I will look for Cezanne et Moi on Netflix. They don't always show the same films/series in all countries. I have not seen it, but it would be interesting to see.

      Delete
  3. All my favourites too! Love les intouchables. The french film festival comes to sydney every year and I undulge beyond belief. I might post about some others soon too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great. Yes, The intouchables is one of my favourite films. Very good. It is nice to see something else than films from the English speaking world. They are often quite different.

      Delete
  4. I'd love to watch more French films. We watched Breathless last night.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, an old classic. I remember seeing the one with Jean-Paul Belmondo, many, many years ago!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Subtle Art Of Not Giving A F*ck by Mark Manson

How To Read Novels Like A Professor by Thomas C. Foster

Searching for Caleb by Anne Tyler