Changing blogging domain and site

Image
Dear blogger friends, Lately, I had a few problems with the Blogger web site for my blog The Content Reader . I took this as a sign that I should finally create a web site of my own. I have been checking out other options, but could not get my act together. Finally, I have managed to create a basic web site with Wix, which I hope will be developed over time.  It has not been easy to find my way around. One thing one can say about Blogger is that it is easy to work with.  This site will no longer be updated Follow me to my new domain @  thecontentreader.com Hope to see you there.  Lisbeth @ The Content Reader

Catching up


A while now since my last post. I don't know what is happening, but time seems to go very fast. We are still self-isolating, although we do venture out a little bit more. Being careful and keeping distances. It is quite comfortable to have no demands on you because there is not so much you can do in comparison to normal times. I recently asked my husband how we will be able to cope with all the things to do, once we are back to normal. These days I am only capable of concentrating on the few daily tasks that we have. I do long for normal times, misunderstand me right, and hope that the lack of energy I feel now, will come back. It is heavy to think that we might have to stay like this for another year. We are continuing our walks in the area and have discovered a lot of nice national parks and areas to walk or bike. If this situation would not have occurred, I don't think we ever would have had time for these discoveries.

I read 11 books in May. Many of them very good. So far so good for my personal challenge of reading 7 books from my shelves every month (from April). I have done well so far; 8 in April and 7 in May. My other personal challenge of reading more non-fiction books this year is not looking that good; only 4 books this year. Well, there are times to come. I find that easy-going thrillers are the best books to read during these times.

Today is a new month and new efforts. I have, as usual, several options to choose from. I have also started listening to the first book in Lucina Riley's Seven Sisters series. Fascinating from the first sentence. I will try to listen through it fastly, so I can download the e-books from the library.

I have four books on the go, which I hope to finalise this month. All from my own shelves. They are: before we met by Lucie Whitehouse, Laterna magica by Ingmar Bergman, Inheritance (The story of Knole & the Sackvilles) by Robert Sackville-West, and Nattens historia (The history of the night) by Gunnar Broberg. Three of them are non-fiction. Hopefully, they can occupy my mind for a while.

I hope that you are all safe and using the time to read and exercise.

Comments

  1. You h ave read far more than I this past month. I've been writing a lot, walking, some painting but less reading than usual and I have to get back on the stick! "Inheritance" sounds especially interesting to me.

    I feel OK with the quarantine/lockdown -- more so than with the opening up, which our state is doing. I think it will be quite awhile before I don't have a mask in my pocket and back up if someone gets too close.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a month of more books than usual. June has not started at the same pace. I enjoy reading about families like the Sackvilles.
      I agree with you concerning the opening up. We are still very careful and are not lingering around too much. It will take some before we behave as normal again, I think.
      I am enjoying your posts, such beautiful photos. You manage to catch nature very well. I find it difficult, since nature and animals are always moving.
      I see you are keeping yourself busy with your projects. It is good to have them I think. I have also done more than usual, and finally got rid of some of the backlashes of putting my memorabilia into a proper book.

      Delete
  2. We are spending lots of time in nature during this quarantine time. I have learned so much about birds and about the plants in our garden.

    I would love to have you join in for the Sunday Salon. There are no rules or requirements. It's a nice way to connect with others in our reading community.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nature is indeed showing itself from its best side, of which I am grateful.
      I will try to join in for the Sunday Salon. I do enjoy the various posts on this subject.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Subtle Art Of Not Giving A F*ck by Mark Manson

How To Read Novels Like A Professor by Thomas C. Foster

Searching for Caleb by Anne Tyler