Changing blogging domain and site

Image
Dear blogger friends, Lately, I had a few problems with the Blogger web site for my blog The Content Reader . I took this as a sign that I should finally create a web site of my own. I have been checking out other options, but could not get my act together. Finally, I have managed to create a basic web site with Wix, which I hope will be developed over time.  It has not been easy to find my way around. One thing one can say about Blogger is that it is easy to work with.  This site will no longer be updated Follow me to my new domain @  thecontentreader.com Hope to see you there.  Lisbeth @ The Content Reader

The Strauss Family by Peter Prange


This book Die Strauß- Dynastie was published in 1993, so it has been a long time with me. I love classical music, and some of the best and most beautiful music comes from the Strauß family. It seems that Peter Prange wrote the book from a manuscript. That is maybe why, at least in the beginning, it is a bit difficult to come into. A bit of static writing. However, as I came further into the story, the exciting, and rather sad, history of this family took over.

It is an unusually talented family, all the sons were into music. Maybe Johann was the most talented, but the other two brothers, Joseph and Eduard, made their marks at the time. Johann Strauß, the elder, left his wife and family to move in with his mistress. It was a big change for the family, even if the husband/father paid for them. The mother, Anna, became a rather miserable figure. Although one must admire her stamina, she was a powerful woman and reigned her family, that is, her children with an iron hand. Having said that, she also dedicated her life to her sons and their music.

The brothers did not get along very well, which also affected the family. Johann Strauß, the younger, left his home at a rather young age, and sort of distanced himself from them. His career is interesting and his fame did not come without sacrifices. Both father and son traveled extensively over Europe and America, leaving the political climate of Vienna.

A fascinating family who ruled the dancing scene of Vienna for most of their lives. Their music is still popular today, and that says something of its charm and quality. Reading about their lives gives another aspect to their music, the times they lived in, and the faith of a family who was striving in different directions. An amazing and interesting account of a talented family who put their marks on the world.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Subtle Art Of Not Giving A F*ck by Mark Manson

How To Read Novels Like A Professor by Thomas C. Foster

Searching for Caleb by Anne Tyler