Changing blogging domain and site

Image
Dear blogger friends, Lately, I had a few problems with the Blogger web site for my blog The Content Reader . I took this as a sign that I should finally create a web site of my own. I have been checking out other options, but could not get my act together. Finally, I have managed to create a basic web site with Wix, which I hope will be developed over time.  It has not been easy to find my way around. One thing one can say about Blogger is that it is easy to work with.  This site will no longer be updated Follow me to my new domain @  thecontentreader.com Hope to see you there.  Lisbeth @ The Content Reader

Non Fiction Reading Challenge 2020

I have decided not to join too many new challenges this year. However, this is too good to be true. Just in line with my own reading plans. I want to read more Non Fiction this year. Book'd Out is hosting this challenge. Here a few of the rules (head over to Book'd Out for more).

The aim is to encourage you to make nonfiction part of your reading experience during the year.
The challenge will run from January 1st to December 31st 2020. Participants may join at any time up until December 1st 2020

So far I have read two books; The Raphaelite Sisterhood by Jan Marsh and a book about the Medicis by Göran Hägg. More of the Medicis will come up. I recently visited Florence and would like to read up on its history and important citizens.

Having been to the Caribbean in December/January, I would also like to read books about the 'discovery' of the Continent. Just started Columbus, The Four Voyages by Laurence Berggren, and ordered  Empire's Crossroads: A History of the Caribbean from Columbus to the Present Day by Carrie Gibson.

That will keep me occupied for a while. Are you joining this Challenge? What kind of books do you want to read?

Comments

  1. Good for you, and good luck!
    I'm not doing the challenge, though I usually read a good amount of nonfiction, and I take part in Nonfiction November.
    So far I have read only 2 nonfiction: The Book of Tea, by Kakuzo Okakura, an excellent book on the origin, development and cultural aspects of tea; and The Book of Ichigo Ichie, by Héctor Garcia.
    I'm currently reading an Orthodox theology book.
    And I will soon start Lessons From Walden, by Taylor.
    In case you need some great titles, see here what were my 3 favorite nonfiction in 2019: https://wordsandpeace.com/2020/01/01/year-of-reading-2019-part-1-my-top-18/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Emma, just checked your books again. I am not so interested in Talk to me, but the other two sounds interesting. Will add them to my already long list. Thank you for the tip.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Subtle Art Of Not Giving A F*ck by Mark Manson

How To Read Novels Like A Professor by Thomas C. Foster

Searching for Caleb by Anne Tyler