Changing blogging domain and site

Image
Dear blogger friends, Lately, I had a few problems with the Blogger web site for my blog The Content Reader . I took this as a sign that I should finally create a web site of my own. I have been checking out other options, but could not get my act together. Finally, I have managed to create a basic web site with Wix, which I hope will be developed over time.  It has not been easy to find my way around. One thing one can say about Blogger is that it is easy to work with.  This site will no longer be updated Follow me to my new domain @  thecontentreader.com Hope to see you there.  Lisbeth @ The Content Reader

Book sales 2020

In Sweden there is a big book sale going on in February every year. Yesterday, I did go to have a look, aiming for two books that I had already checked out. Considering the state of my book shelves, I have to restrain myself. Did not help much since I came back with seven books, of which four were VERY thick.

I don't count the Soduko book I bought. Love soduko, and find it very relaxing. I did concentrate on the non fiction books. I live in Sweden now and can easily borrow books from the library, including e-books. So convenient.

Three books about Skåne. Love the covers.

I could not resist a series of three books on the history of Skåne. This is the province in which I live. Until 1658 the southern part of Sweden belonged to Denmark. The history of this part is therefore very interesting. One of our famous historians, Gunnar Wetterberg has written the history of Skåne covering the periods; 11500 BC - 1375 AC, 1376 - 1720 and 1720 - 2017. He is also a great writer. I have several books by him.


The biggest hype for a book last year was Ålevangeliet (The Gospel of the Eel) by Patrik Svensson. I think he has gathered all information available, and some more, about this rather mysterious creature and its life. It received several literary prizes and is supposed to be very good.

The next one I could not resist since I have a problem sleeping. Matthew Walker's Why we sleep - unlocking the power of sleep and dreams might be the book I need. I really hope there are some tips in it for me!

One of our greatest female writers is Selma Lagerlöf. Anna-Karin Palm has written a biography on her life, with the title "Jag vill sätta världen i rörelse" (I want to make the world move - my translation). It has also got good reviews. Love such biographies.

Well, that was all. They have to share the space with all the other books.

Comments

  1. Hej!
    Historiska Media har gett ut Smålands historia i år.
    Jag tänkte du ville veta.
    M V H
    Kerstin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ok, tack. Ska kolla upp den. Småland har också intressant historia, speciellt för folk som växt upp där.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Subtle Art Of Not Giving A F*ck by Mark Manson

How To Read Novels Like A Professor by Thomas C. Foster

Searching for Caleb by Anne Tyler