Changing blogging domain and site

Image
Dear blogger friends, Lately, I had a few problems with the Blogger web site for my blog The Content Reader . I took this as a sign that I should finally create a web site of my own. I have been checking out other options, but could not get my act together. Finally, I have managed to create a basic web site with Wix, which I hope will be developed over time.  It has not been easy to find my way around. One thing one can say about Blogger is that it is easy to work with.  This site will no longer be updated Follow me to my new domain @  thecontentreader.com Hope to see you there.  Lisbeth @ The Content Reader

Book Beginnings on Fridays and The Friday 56



This week's book beginnings and page 56 text comes from a book on my shelves. Since it is November and I am participating in Nonfiction November, I choose a non-fiction book; The Time Traveller's Guide to Medieval England by Ian Mortimer.



Book Beginnings on Fridays hosted by Rose City Reader

"What does the word 'medieval' conjure up in your mind? Knights and castles? Monks and abbeys? Huge tracts of forest in which outlaws live in defiance of the law" Such images may be popular but they say little about what life was like for the majority."

The Friday 56 hosted by Freda's Voice

"The foregoing makes the woman's lot seem a particularly harsh one. However, there are some great advantages to being a woman. When the king issues writs to his sheriffs summoning an army, it is the men who have to risk their lives and fight, not the women. Despite this, high-status women are still entitled to all the benefits of being connected to 'those who fight'."

Comments

  1. This one sounds fascinating!!! I added you to the linky. Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yes, I hope it will add something to what I know of the medieval times. They were not as dark as we tend to think.

      Delete
  2. How interesting! I think this would be a great read. I hope you are enjoying it. I think there's a lot I don't know about the time period other than the snippets I get in the fiction I read--the true and the not so true. Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Medieval times are fascinating. Not as dark as we tend to imagine. I think I will enjoy it.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Subtle Art Of Not Giving A F*ck by Mark Manson

How To Read Novels Like A Professor by Thomas C. Foster

Searching for Caleb by Anne Tyler