A book challenge through a facebook group. Well, first time I join, but it sounds like a good challenge, and as always, I will try to find the books on my TBR shelves. Here are a few general rules (in short, for more info join Book Challenge by Erin on facebook):
- Have fun. Don't stress, read as many as you like.
- The challenge will run from JANUARY 1, 2019 to APRIL 30, 2019.
- Each book must be at least 200 pages long. Audio books are fine too.
- A book can only be used for one category, and each category can only be completed once.
- You can read your books in any order you choose.
- Rereads can be used only once.
- There will be a photo album for each category with links to books chosen. Please comment on the photo for each of your books when you finish reading them. A comment can include a review, a rating, a recommendation…other readers want to hear what you thought of your choice.
- There will be 10 book categories with a possibility of earning 200 points. That’s 10 books in four months. For some of you, this will be a BIG challenge; for others it will be easy peasy. It’s all for fun, remember!
Here the categories and my list:
5 points: Freebie – Read a book that is at least 200 pages - The Greek Treasure by Irving Stone
10 points (from BCBE 1.0): Read a book that was made into a movie - Snabba cash (Easy Money) by Jens Lapidus
10 points (from BCBE 2.0): Read a book that is set in Europe - The Scottish Prisoner by Diana Gabaldon
15 points (from BCBE 3.0): Read a book that was a Newberry Award winner (medal winner or honor book); this link should help: http://www.ala.org/alsc/awardsgrants/bookmedia/newberymedal/newberyhonors/newberymedal?fbclid=IwAR06V1kc-nXkvx3nr-h_DlptmvD8RtrXW9Llm5Egh0ZliAKfuyw8bz9hIS8 ***for this category only, since many children’s literature books may be shorter, the page number requirement is only 100 pages - Flora & Ulysses: The Illuminated Adventures by Kate DiCamillo
20 points (from BCBE 4.0): Read a book that is a friend or family member’s favourite...or the favourite book by another participant in this challenge - Stalker by Lars Kepler
20 points (from BCBE 5.0): Read a book originally published over 100 years ago; this link should help: https://www.goodreads.com/…/16.Best_Books_of_the_19th_Centu… - A Portrait of the Artist as a Young Man by James Joyce (published 1916)
25 points (from BCBE 6.0): Read a book with six words (and only six words) in the title - A Tale of Love and Darkness by Amos Oz
30 points (from BCBE 7.0): Read a book with a compass or cardinal direction in the title - The Ascent of Money by Niall Ferguson
30 points (from BCBE 8.0): Read a book that was originally published in a different language than your own - Ordinary Thunderstorms by William Boyd (my language is Swedish)
35 points: (from BCBE 9.0): Read a book that begins with the letter “N” - Nine Parts of Desire by Geraldine Brooks