Changing blogging domain and site

Image
Dear blogger friends, Lately, I had a few problems with the Blogger web site for my blog The Content Reader . I took this as a sign that I should finally create a web site of my own. I have been checking out other options, but could not get my act together. Finally, I have managed to create a basic web site with Wix, which I hope will be developed over time.  It has not been easy to find my way around. One thing one can say about Blogger is that it is easy to work with.  This site will no longer be updated Follow me to my new domain @  thecontentreader.com Hope to see you there.  Lisbeth @ The Content Reader

Archeological discoveries in Sweden

I always like to have a non-fiction, bigger format book, to read when I eat breakfast. They are easier to lay on the table in front of you, and they keep open. The latest breakfast literature is this book about archeological discoveries in Sweden, Arkeologiska upptäckter i Sverige by Anna Lihammar.


I have lived abroad for 35 years, travelled extensively and read up on the local history where I was living or visiting. Sometimes you tend to forget your own country. You just take it for granted. Maybe not for those of you who live in huge countries, where history and archeology might be totally different. Although Sweden is not a huge country, it is rather long, and nature are quite different from the north to the south.

It was very interested to read this book, which in an understandable way tells of important discoveries from the stone age up until modern times. It covers how our ancestors treated their dead; treasures, rituals and religions, memorial stands and how people lived and worked. Then, of course, we have the fascinating ruins of citadels, castles and the never ending feature of history; war. It is amazing to see, that from very early on Sweden, or the area at the time, had vivid connections to people far away. You would think people were quite isolated here, but that is not the case. Numerous treasures of among others roman coins shows that people travelled and traded with people far away.

Ales' Stones

I made notes on interesting places in the south where I am living, and hope to visit some time in the near future. Are there interesting places and archeological sites close to where you live? Not so far away from where I live, there is a  megalithic monument built around 1,400 years ago, called Ales' Stones. It is situated by the sea and is Sweden's best preserved ship tumulus, made up of 50 standing stones.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Subtle Art Of Not Giving A F*ck by Mark Manson

How To Read Novels Like A Professor by Thomas C. Foster

Searching for Caleb by Anne Tyler