Friday, 11 May 2018
I Spy Book Challenge
Been so busy lately and did not have so much time to write reviews and blog. I have saved to pocket interesting post from blogs I am following. Here is one I saw on Booksplease. I love lists and especially if they have something to do with your book shelves. It tends to remind you of what you have. Here the rules.
Find a book on your shelves that contains (either on the cover or in the title) an example for each category. You must have a separate book for all 20, get as creative as you want and do it within five minutes!! (or longer if you have way too many books on way too many overcrowded shelves!).
I add a link to those books I have posted on.
1. Food - Riding the Iron Rooster by Paul Theroux
2. Transportation - Trains & Boats & Planers by Killen McNeill
3. Weapon - In Search of the Trojan War by Michael Wood (cover: spears)
4. Animal - The Tiger's Wife by Téa Obreht
5. Number - 365 dagar (365 days) by Anders Bergman and Emelie Perland
6. Something you read - Brontë in Love by Sarah Freeman
7. Body of Water - The Edge of the World - How the North Sea Made Us Who We Are by Michael Pye
8. Product of Fire - Eld (Fire) by Mats Strandberg och Sara Bergmark
9. Royalty - Eleanor, The Secret Queen by John Ashdown-Hill
10 Architecture - The Story of San Michele by Axel Munthe
11. Item of Clothing - The Spy Wore Red by Aline, Countess of Romanones
12. Family Member - Moderspassion (Mother Passion) by Majgull Axelsson
13. Time of Day - Morgon i Jenin (Morning in Jenin) by Susan Albuhawa)
14. Music - Drömmarnas vals (The Walz of the Dreams) by Peter Prang
15. Paranormal Being - The Host by Stephanie Meyer
16. Occupation - Doctor Copernicus by John Banville
17. Season - Hunting Season by Andrea Camilleri
18. Colour - The Red and the Black by Stendhal
19. Celestial Body - Twilight by Stephanie Meyer
20. Something that Grows - The Heather Lazing by Colm Toíbin
Well, that took quite more than five minutes. All of them are titles, except for Weapons, where I had to find a cover. Interesting exercise.