Changing blogging domain and site

Image
Dear blogger friends, Lately, I had a few problems with the Blogger web site for my blog The Content Reader . I took this as a sign that I should finally create a web site of my own. I have been checking out other options, but could not get my act together. Finally, I have managed to create a basic web site with Wix, which I hope will be developed over time.  It has not been easy to find my way around. One thing one can say about Blogger is that it is easy to work with.  This site will no longer be updated Follow me to my new domain @  thecontentreader.com Hope to see you there.  Lisbeth @ The Content Reader

Book Beginnings on Fridays and The Friday 56



Difficult week to find a book for this meme since most of the books are packed. Yes, in the latter process of moving and most books are already in Sweden, and I am here in Brussels finalising the rest. I did find one by my bedside, which I am also reading for the time being, and that is Elisabeth Luard's My Life as a Wife - Love, Liquor and What to Do About Other Women. It is a humorous book as she looks back on her life.



Book beginnings on Fridays hosted by Rose City Reader

"This is the story of my life as a wife. Or how to stay married for forty years without actually murdering your husband. A love story.


The Friday 56 hosted by Freda's Voice

"'Your mother,' said Nanny, 'doesn't think much of your young man.'"


Comments

  1. Sounds interesting but not something I would normally choose. I hope you are enjoying it. This week I am spotlighting Triple Crown by Felix Francis. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was sort of entertaining and gives a good idea of the life these sort of people live. However, the husband does not come out as a very nice person.

      Delete
  2. The first line hooked me. By other women I thought maybe the title meant catty friends, but looking up the summary, I see her husband was a philanderer. Another example of humor arising from dark places. Looks good.

    Hope you are reunited with your books soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now I am re-united with my books. I also find the first line intriguing. She really loves her husband, but even so, he does not come out as a very nice person.

      Delete
  3. LOL @ the opening. IT is kinda true though, I know after 18 years with my hubby. :-) Happy Victoria day weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not my usual pick, but I hope you like it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was all right. It gives a good insight into the life these people lived. A little bit from the upper class. However, it does not mean that life is easy!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Subtle Art Of Not Giving A F*ck by Mark Manson

Searching for Caleb by Anne Tyler

How To Read Novels Like A Professor by Thomas C. Foster