Changing blogging domain and site

Image
Dear blogger friends, Lately, I had a few problems with the Blogger web site for my blog The Content Reader . I took this as a sign that I should finally create a web site of my own. I have been checking out other options, but could not get my act together. Finally, I have managed to create a basic web site with Wix, which I hope will be developed over time.  It has not been easy to find my way around. One thing one can say about Blogger is that it is easy to work with.  This site will no longer be updated Follow me to my new domain @  thecontentreader.com Hope to see you there.  Lisbeth @ The Content Reader

Full House Reading Challenge 2017

I love this Challenge hosted by Kathryn at Bookdate  and participated during 2016 (almost finished it, but not quite). As with most Challenges I join, I try to use them to lower the number of books on my TBR shelves. This is a perfect challenge to do that. My aim will therefore be to read as many books as possible from my own shelves. 
You will find the rules under the link above, but in short, you have to read one book from each category below. One can be changed if you so like. Here are the categories (for easy updating I choose to list them. I am not entirely sure how to update the chart):
Non fiction -  The Pursuit of Glory - The Five Revolutions that made Modern Europe 1648 - 1815 by Tim Banning     
On TBR for 2+ years -    Blondie by Joyce Carol Oates    
More than 500 pages - Buddenbrooks by Thomas Mann
Page Turner -
Middle Grade Book -
2017 published -
Published pre 2000 - An Instant of the Finger Post by Iain Pears (1997)
UK/European author - The Book of Disquiet by Fernando Pessoa (Portuguese)      
Back List book from fav. author - Shirley by Charlotte Brontë
Book from a list - 
Award Winner - The History of the Siege of Lisbon by Jose Saramago
Book about books -  All Roads Lead to Austen - A Yearlong Journey with Jane by Amy Elizabeth Smith       
Book from childhood -
Diversity book - Dr Luther and Mr Hyde by Per Svensson
Australian/NZ author -
Western -
USA/Canadian author - Lord John and the Hand of Devils by Diana Gabaldon
Not really for you - 
Attractive cover -
Borrowed -

The rest will be filled in as I start my reading year 2017. 
Do you like to participate in Challenges? Which is your favourite one or 

Comments

  1. Thanks for joining Full House again and hope you do enjoy it again. I do participate in challenges but less as the years have gone by. I tend to pick ones that will help me read some of what I have falling off my shelves!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also tend to choose those that helps me pick from my own shelves. I am quite please with this years' effort, around 50, and hope to continue next year.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Subtle Art Of Not Giving A F*ck by Mark Manson

Searching for Caleb by Anne Tyler

How To Read Novels Like A Professor by Thomas C. Foster