Changing blogging domain and site

Image
Dear blogger friends, Lately, I had a few problems with the Blogger web site for my blog The Content Reader . I took this as a sign that I should finally create a web site of my own. I have been checking out other options, but could not get my act together. Finally, I have managed to create a basic web site with Wix, which I hope will be developed over time.  It has not been easy to find my way around. One thing one can say about Blogger is that it is easy to work with.  This site will no longer be updated Follow me to my new domain @  thecontentreader.com Hope to see you there.  Lisbeth @ The Content Reader

The Classic Club Lucky Spin: Number 31

A new spin for the Classics club no. 31. See details under link. I have not read a book for the spin for some time. That means it is about time that I got my act together. Here is my spin list. 


1. The Master and Margarita by Michail Bulgakov

2. Death Comes for the Archbishop by Willa Cather

3. Daisy Miller by Henry James

4. The Seahawk by Rafael Sabatini.   

5. Anna Karenina by Leo Tolstoj

6. Women in Love by D.H. Lawrence

7. Child Harold by Lord Byron

8. House of Mirth by Edith Wharton

9. The Red and the Black by Stendhal

10. The Grapes of Wrath by John Steinbeck

11. Doctor Zhivago by Boris Pasternak 

12. The Wings of the Dove by Henry James (last spin)

13. Sons and Lovers by D.H. Lawrence

14. Tom Jones by Henry Fielding

15. To Have and Have not by Ernest Hemingway

16. Age of Innocence by Edith Wharton

17. The Razor's Edge by W. Somerset Maugham

18. The Brothers Karamazov by Fjodor Dostoevsky

19. The House on the Strand by Daphne du Maurier

20. A Writer's Notebook by Somerset Maugham


The spin number is 2. It is an author I wanted to read for some time; Willa Cather and her Death Comes for the Archbishop. I have already downloaded an ebook version for Nextory, to which I recently subscribed. Only because they provide you with both ebooks and audiobooks. I must admit it is very comfortable to download a book when you want to read it. 

I hope you got an interesting book for this month's spin. Enjoy.


Comments

  1. Nice. It's a great rather short book. My favorite by her is My Antonia. I got poems by Rilke: https://wordsandpeace.com/2022/09/19/the-classics-club-what-i-got-for-the-classics-spin-31/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds good with a short book, I have so many books to read now during a rather short time. Rilke is someone I have to get acquainted with.

      Delete
  2. I chose not to do the last couple of spins since I was already reading a classic, Sister Carrie by Theodore Dreiser. I enjoyed Death Comes for the Archbishop a lot when I read it in 2016. My review is here, if you are interested: https://www.goodreads.com/review/show/1663930584.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have not participated either for quite some time. I read your review, and from what I have heard from others as well, this is a nice little book. I like the different setting. Since I am a fan of historical fiction, I am sure I will enjoy this one.

      Delete
  3. Nice. I have only read two books, one not so good but one I really loved, "My Ántonia". I think you will enjoy this one.
    My book is one that I am sure you have read already: Shirley by Charlotte Brontë. In any case, I always have to think about you when I think about the Brontës.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

      Delete
    2. Marianne, yours is the second recommendation for My Antonia, so I guess I will put it on my classic list as well. Haha, thank you. I have read it, but don't like it so much. Although, the writing of Charlotte Brontë is so nice, it is a pleasure to read anyway.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Subtle Art Of Not Giving A F*ck by Mark Manson

How To Read Novels Like A Professor by Thomas C. Foster

Searching for Caleb by Anne Tyler