Changing blogging domain and site

Image
Dear blogger friends, Lately, I had a few problems with the Blogger web site for my blog The Content Reader . I took this as a sign that I should finally create a web site of my own. I have been checking out other options, but could not get my act together. Finally, I have managed to create a basic web site with Wix, which I hope will be developed over time.  It has not been easy to find my way around. One thing one can say about Blogger is that it is easy to work with.  This site will no longer be updated Follow me to my new domain @  thecontentreader.com Hope to see you there.  Lisbeth @ The Content Reader

How do people read?

I recently read a survey done by Kulturnytt Sveriges Radio (Swedish Radio/TV cultural departement) on how people read. It was based on 1081 participants in web interviews with readers in the age group 18-79. They had 14 alternatives to choose from. I find it quite interesting so wanted to share it with you. 

  • 44% read books to relax or have peace and quiet. 
  • 40% read because they want to be "swept away by excitement and drama
  • 28% read because they want to learn about things or discover something new
Personally, I think I am a little bit of all the three alternatives. What about you?

Comments

  1. Interesting. I see myself in the first and last categories

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely some of all three -- it all depends on the book, the time and the place!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, and it depends on the mood you are in when you read the book, or which book you read.

      Delete
  3. First and last for me. Sometimes I do get swept away but I don't think I read FOR that, if that makes sense.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely! I maybe don't intentionally read to be swept away, but I sometime do.

      Delete
  4. I think I mostly read to learn something new.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not a bad way to read. It is always good to learn something new, and sometimes it can come from the most unexpected places.

      Delete
  5. I'm one and three mostly. I don't read very much crime or any action books, so I guess that's why two is not really me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Probably where most readers end up. It is interesting, and a little bit strange, that so many as 40% of people read to be swept away by action and drama. But, as you say, they probably refer to crime and thrillers which have many readers in Sweden.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Subtle Art Of Not Giving A F*ck by Mark Manson

How To Read Novels Like A Professor by Thomas C. Foster

Searching for Caleb by Anne Tyler