Changing blogging domain and site

Image
Dear blogger friends, Lately, I had a few problems with the Blogger web site for my blog The Content Reader . I took this as a sign that I should finally create a web site of my own. I have been checking out other options, but could not get my act together. Finally, I have managed to create a basic web site with Wix, which I hope will be developed over time.  It has not been easy to find my way around. One thing one can say about Blogger is that it is easy to work with.  This site will no longer be updated Follow me to my new domain @  thecontentreader.com Hope to see you there.  Lisbeth @ The Content Reader

Annual Book Sale and New Books

Since many years there is an annual book sale in Sweden in the end of February. This year I ordered the books online, and they were delivered to me yesterday. 16 new books in the genres fiction and  nonfiction.  Very pleased with the books new books.  

Food and Household Care

  • Texmex från grunden (Basic texmex) by Jonas Cramby
  • Portionen under tian (The Portion Under 10 crowns (about 1€) by Hanna Olvenmark
  • Vegan på 5 ingredienser (Vegan on 5 ingredients) by Siri Barje
  • Städa hållbart med ekotipset (Sustainable Cleaning with Ecological tips) by Ellinor Sirén
Nonfiction -
History and Biography
  • Bellman by Carina Burman (Carl Michael Bellman is one of our most famous songwriter, composer, musician, poet and entertainer. He lived at the end of the 18th century). This biography is by Carina Burman, one of my favourite authors in this genre. 
  • Sveriges Medeltid (Medieval Times in Sweden) by Dick Harrison. One of my favourite historian.
  • Kalmarunionen (The Kalmar Union) by Dick Harrison.
  • Vad hände på vägen till Jerusalem? (What Happened On the Way to Jerusalem?) by Lena Einhorn. Another favourite author of biographies and historical pieces. She takes a look at the biblical stories trying to find proofs. 
  • Dackefejden (The Dacke War) by Tomas Blom. A famous uprising in the middle of the 16th century. 
  • Gudar och människor, Blicken genom historien (How do we Look? The Eye of Faith) by Mary Beard. Beard takes a look at classical art around the world and tries to show what either the artists, or the people who ordered them, want to say to us. 
  • Odödliga ord och deras historia (Immortal words and their history) by Stig Wallerman. An explanation to 500 quotations from Antiquity to Astrid Lindgren. Like "Corgito, ergo sum."
Fiction
  • The Idiot (part I and II) by Fjodor Dostoyevsky
  • Przewalskis horse by Maja Lunde - the third part in her climate quartet
  • Den sorgsne busschauffören från Alster (The sad bus driver from Alster my transl.) by Håkan Nesser
  • The Boy From the Woods by Harlan Coben - my first book by him. I have seen several of the TV-series adaptations from his books, and they are so good. I just have to read a book as well. 
Have to squees them into my book shelves, and start reading. Ah, but I forgot. I have another 200 books to read first. I will probably read some new and some old. 

Comments

  1. Now, that's some good book shopping! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I was quite pleased with the variety in the end.

      Delete
  2. wow, nice haul! That should keep you busy for a while, lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would say so. I have already finished two of them. The Nesser one, which was very good. The other one is the sustainable cleaning. I have done my own detergents for many years, and am very pleased with that. Here was some more useful tips on making you own detergents, how to take care of wood, tiles, etc, how to take away stains and so on. Very useful indeed, and I have already used some of the tips.

      Delete
  3. Looks like you made same great catches there, Lisbeth. "The Idiot" is still on my wishlist.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Marianne, I am very pleased. I think 'The Idiot' will wait for my Russian theme later in the year.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Subtle Art Of Not Giving A F*ck by Mark Manson

How To Read Novels Like A Professor by Thomas C. Foster

Searching for Caleb by Anne Tyler