Changing blogging domain and site

Image
Dear blogger friends, Lately, I had a few problems with the Blogger web site for my blog The Content Reader . I took this as a sign that I should finally create a web site of my own. I have been checking out other options, but could not get my act together. Finally, I have managed to create a basic web site with Wix, which I hope will be developed over time.  It has not been easy to find my way around. One thing one can say about Blogger is that it is easy to work with.  This site will no longer be updated Follow me to my new domain @  thecontentreader.com Hope to see you there.  Lisbeth @ The Content Reader

Reading statistics 2020

Another year has begone and it is time to have a look at last year's reading. It was a good year for me. Maybe not difficult considering the times and the time available for reading. I ended up at 107 books. It meant I managed to achieve my aim of 100 books at Goodreads. 

I have divided the genres between Fiction, Nonfiction, Mystery/Thrillers and Classics. The outcome is quite even between the genres with a slightly higher number for fictional books, which is normal. 


Fiction                      38

Nonfiction                 29

Mystery/Thrillers       23

Classics                    17


Favourite books within each genre

My three favourite books within each genre.

Fiction

Carlos Ruiz Zafón - The Prisoner of Heaven and The Labyrint of the Sprits (cheating here but they are both the 2nd and 3rd in a series so I treat them as one, so I can add another two)

Gail Honeyman - Eleanor Oliphant is Completely Fine

Delia Owens - Where the Crawdads Sing


Nonfiction

Elizabeth Lev - The Tigress of Forli (Renaissance Italy's most courageous and notorious countess

Karin Tegenborg Falkhagen - Svenska drottningar (Swedish Queens)

Tilman Lahme - Familjen Mann (Die Manns, The Mann Family)


Mystery Thrillers

Jane Harper - The Dry

Jo Nesbo - The Leopard

Alexander Söderberg - The Andalucian Friend (and the two following books The Other Son and The Good Wolf)


Classics

Dante - Purgatory (from the Divine Comedy)

Philip Larkin - The Whitsun Wedding (poetry)

Sir Arthur Conan Doyle - The Speckled Band


Twelve favourite books this year


That was a few highlights from my reading year. I enjoyed most of the books, but there are always a few rising above the rest. I was not aware but like the evenness between the genres. Now it is time to start a new reading year. I have opted for another 100 on Goodreads. I hope most of them will be from my own shelves. 


Comments

  1. I love book posts -- mine will probably go up tomorrow. It's such fun to see books old to me and new!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is interesting to see what other readers have chosen as their best book. I think you had some interesting books as well.

      Delete
  2. Great statistics. And I have read a few of those, Carlos Ruiz Zafón, I have read all his books. He is one of my favourite authors. But I also read and loved "Mornings in Jenin" and "Where the Crawdads Sing". Both great books in their own way.

    My Statistics 2020.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just shows we have a similar taste in books. All of them were the best books of 2020.

      Delete
    2. True. I'm so glad we found each other.

      Delete
  3. You've had a great reading year!
    Glad to see the Haynes book in your top reads - I still have it waiting on my TBR pile - something to look forward to by the sounds of things.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haynes' book was quite a surprise. It took a little bit to get into, but then it was hard to put down. Really interesting seeing the Trojan war from female perspectives. I hope you will enjoy it.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Subtle Art Of Not Giving A F*ck by Mark Manson

How To Read Novels Like A Professor by Thomas C. Foster

Searching for Caleb by Anne Tyler