Changing blogging domain and site

Image
Dear blogger friends, Lately, I had a few problems with the Blogger web site for my blog The Content Reader . I took this as a sign that I should finally create a web site of my own. I have been checking out other options, but could not get my act together. Finally, I have managed to create a basic web site with Wix, which I hope will be developed over time.  It has not been easy to find my way around. One thing one can say about Blogger is that it is easy to work with.  This site will no longer be updated Follow me to my new domain @  thecontentreader.com Hope to see you there.  Lisbeth @ The Content Reader

Bookmark Monday

 Long time since I posted a bookmark here. Probably due to Corona, since travelling has been scarce. However, now I have made a short trip to Austria and Delft. You will find, in the coming days, two posts about these trips on The Content Reader Goes Outdoors. The meme is hosted by Guiltless Reading although I think Aloi is mostly posting this meme on her twitter/instragram accounts with the same name. 


In Delft, we visited churches and museums and I managed to find a bookmark of Girl With a Pearl Earring, one of the most popular paintings of Delft's famous son Johannes Vermeer. For my magnet collection on the fridge I bought another four motives by him; View of Delft, Little Street, Art of Painting, and Girl With a Pearl Earring. 

In the Vermeer centre, I found two books which I am looking forward to reading. They are Vermeer's Little Street by Franz Gruzenhout. Not much is known about the exact location of the painting, so it reads like a mystery. The other book is A View of Delft, Vermeer then and now by Anthony Bailey. "Vermeer has always been considered the most elusive of great artists, but his book tracks him down in his home town." Looking forward to reading these two books about the beautiful and historically interesting town of Delft.

More about Vermeer and what else to see in Delft on my post coming up on Wednesday (see above).


Comments

  1. Oh Lisbeth, I'm a little envious of your Delft trip. While I've always been somewhat interested in Austria, Delft and Vermeer bring back wonderful memories. I loved the Vermeer Centre -- I found it fascinating and need to review my posts about that from 2012 -- too long! Those books both sound wonderful. And I love the Girl with the Pearl Earring painting so very much. I hope you have stayed well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it is a magic city. I will try to find your post from there. Always interesting to compare notes. I am looking forward reading the two books. They will have to wait since I am quite busy with some books to review for a magazine and one for a new on-line book club.

      Delete
  2. Oooooh, I love everything about this post. Delft is one of my favourite Dutch cities, we read Girl with a Pearl Earring in our book club, and I love Vermeer's paintings.

    Looking forward to your post about Delft. I'm sure it will be a great time of reminiscing for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am happy you love Delft too. What is there not to love? I have written the post on Delft and you will find it here: https://thecontentreadergoesoutdoors.blogspot.com/2020/09/delft-magic-city.html

      Delete
    2. Fantastic. Yes, I started following you there, as well, yesterday but didn't look over the blog at the moment. I'll have a look.

      Have a good weekend.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Subtle Art Of Not Giving A F*ck by Mark Manson

How To Read Novels Like A Professor by Thomas C. Foster

Searching for Caleb by Anne Tyler