Changing blogging domain and site

Image
Dear blogger friends, Lately, I had a few problems with the Blogger web site for my blog The Content Reader . I took this as a sign that I should finally create a web site of my own. I have been checking out other options, but could not get my act together. Finally, I have managed to create a basic web site with Wix, which I hope will be developed over time.  It has not been easy to find my way around. One thing one can say about Blogger is that it is easy to work with.  This site will no longer be updated Follow me to my new domain @  thecontentreader.com Hope to see you there.  Lisbeth @ The Content Reader

Becoming Mrs. Smith by Tanya Williams



Publisher: Rippling Effects; 1 edition 
Published: October 3, 2017
Paperback - 109 pages
I received a copy of this book from the author, Tanya E Williams, for a fair & impartial review


Becoming Mrs. Smith is a bitter sweet tale of coming of age. During her teenage years, Violet is down with Scarlet fever. She recovers, but her heart is weakened.  She grows up with John and the two of them falls in love.

Both of them study and want a better life for themselves. For Violet the road is clear, for John, not so. Everything changes when John decides to enrol in the army to fight in World War II. John's vision is clear. He wants to help to make the world a better place and fight for the right thing. Violet sees it as a betrayal of their life together.

Tanya E Williams tells a story of two ordinary people, with dreams and wishes. They both have to find a way to come to terms with their choices, and ask themselves what is really important in life, and above all, in their life together. Do they have a future? How does their different experiences affect that life?

It is a wonderful tale. The peril of living in the shadow of a war is well described. The uncertainty of what will happen and how the future will look like. Well written, and Williams manages to keep the story free from sentimentality. It is a lovely story.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Subtle Art Of Not Giving A F*ck by Mark Manson

How To Read Novels Like A Professor by Thomas C. Foster

Searching for Caleb by Anne Tyler