Changing blogging domain and site

Image
Dear blogger friends, Lately, I had a few problems with the Blogger web site for my blog The Content Reader . I took this as a sign that I should finally create a web site of my own. I have been checking out other options, but could not get my act together. Finally, I have managed to create a basic web site with Wix, which I hope will be developed over time.  It has not been easy to find my way around. One thing one can say about Blogger is that it is easy to work with.  This site will no longer be updated Follow me to my new domain @  thecontentreader.com Hope to see you there.  Lisbeth @ The Content Reader

Camping in Austria

Summer time, holiday time. I am presently in Austria holidaying. The weather has been fabulous so me and my husband decided to inagurate our new tent, that we bought last year. We found it on the Caravan Fair in Düsseldorf and it was delivered to us in March this year. It is a big tent, so you can easy stand inside. It is really a tent to use with you car, but can also be used independently.


We started out at Achensee, a beautiful alpine lake, 9 km long with tropical, green water. It is also icing cold. This year it had a record 19,5 C, due to the goo weather. Huuh! But, when you are warm and sweaty after a walk along the mountain walls of the lake, it is still quite ok. Once your in it is wonderful. It was a great camping facitily, with new sanitary areas, worthy a very good hotel. The village offered enough of restaurants to keep you going for a while. 



After a couple of days there we continued to Walchsee, where we got a spot just by the water. Totally beautiful. We could walk straight out of our tent into the water. Here the water has a temperature of around 22-23 C. What a treat. The fantastic thing here is that you are swimming with the mountains around you. It is a strange and wonderful feeling. Sooo beautiful.


Back to Innsbruck for a couple of days, before we headed out again. We decided to go back to Walchsee and now there are hardly any tenters here. I am now sitting outside our tent, by the lake writing this post. It is wonderfully quite, pieceful and a treat for the general body.


We have not been camping since our son was young, when we used to go camping in Domburg in Holland with friends. We took the weekend off from Brussels and had a great time. The kids loved it. 

I can´t go anywhere without a book of course. I am reading Mansfield Park for Austen in August, but am only a third in, so might not be able to finish it on time. I am also reading an intriguing book I got from my friend Leigh, when he visited, An Anatomy of a Scandal by Sarah Vaughn. I hope to finish it off before August.

Time to go back to my books!




Comments

  1. It looks like a wonderful holiday -- very beautiful territory over there. Rick would be so pleased to know that there are people who tent-camp. So many over here have trailers. He says "If you want all the conveniences of home, why don't you just stay home?" What is better than to be in the open air with a good book?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I tend to agree with Rick. It is the simpleness of life that attracts me. Although I must admit; if there were no toilet facilities I might not be so attracted, haha! A little bit of comfort is necessary.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Subtle Art Of Not Giving A F*ck by Mark Manson

Searching for Caleb by Anne Tyler

How To Read Novels Like A Professor by Thomas C. Foster