Changing blogging domain and site

Image
Dear blogger friends, Lately, I had a few problems with the Blogger web site for my blog The Content Reader . I took this as a sign that I should finally create a web site of my own. I have been checking out other options, but could not get my act together. Finally, I have managed to create a basic web site with Wix, which I hope will be developed over time.  It has not been easy to find my way around. One thing one can say about Blogger is that it is easy to work with.  This site will no longer be updated Follow me to my new domain @  thecontentreader.com Hope to see you there.  Lisbeth @ The Content Reader

On Tour with History and Literature

It has been rather quiet on the blog for the last week. That is because I have been to England and was too busy with sightseeing. The aim for the trip was to pursue my interests in history and literature. I had such a great time and it was all so interesting that I have hardly come back to the 21st century yet. Still lingering in the border land of historical events and writer houses and books.

During the next couple of weeks I will be sharing glimpses of my tour, and thoughts about what I have been seeing. Here a short itinerary of the trip.

  • The Tower of London (with a history since 1066 there is a lot to see)
  • Kensington Palace (Victoria Revealed, The Queen’s and King’s State Rooms)
  • Leicester in the footsteps of Richard III (very interesting)
  • Brighton (just enjoying a sunny day and a little bit of rest from sightseeing)
  • Dorchester in the footsteps of Thomas Hardy (both the cottage where he was born and Max Gate which he built and where he lived most of his life)
  • The Templar Church (beautiful; we have to see what Dan Brown wrote and what the Master of the Templar says about it)
  • Tate Britain (main aim to see the Pre-Raphaelites)


I cannot go around the lovely museum shops without buying books and this time also a few souvenirs! There was such a lot of interesting books on the people concerned. I also bought a guide book about Devon and Cornwall (future trip) and two books about quotes and sayings, all in all, 12 books and 1 booklet! The bag was somewhat more heavy on the way back than on the way out.





The posts about the above subjects will be mixed with reviews. In the pipe-line are two reviews of books I have read; one about Richard III and the Princes in the Tower by A.J. Pollard (non-fiction) and Desperate Romantics by Franny Moyle (non-fiction) about the Pre-Raphaelites. The reviews will include my ideas and thoughts from the visits.

Millais' 'Ophelia'

I hope there will be something for all of you in the upcoming posts. Please share your own experiences, ideas and thoughts.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Subtle Art Of Not Giving A F*ck by Mark Manson

Searching for Caleb by Anne Tyler

How To Read Novels Like A Professor by Thomas C. Foster