Sunday, 12 June 2016

Challenge update - What’s in a Name

This challenge is hosted by Wormhole, with six different criteria to fullfil.

A country - The High Mountains of Portugal by Yann Mantel (Read)

An item of clothing - The Woman in White by Wilkie Collins (Read)

An item of furniture -  The Binding Chair by Kathy Harrison

A profession - Alkemistens dotter (The Alchemist's Daughter) by Carl-Michael Edenborg (Read)

A month of the year - Light in August by William Faulkner

A title with the word 'tree' in it - Under the Greenwood Tree by Thomas Hardy

The titles are the one I have chosen for each criteria.  As mentioned earlier, I try to use books from my TBR shelves to fulfil the challenges. These books all come from there, except The Woman in White which I read electronically.

Half away through the year I have finished three of the six books. I am reading Under the Greenwood Tree, and I do love Hardy, but find this book somewhat difficult. Mostly because it is written in dialect and it is difficult to read. However, it is not a thick book so I will dedicate to finish it during June.

How are you doing with your challenges? Are you also following this one?

No comments:

Post a Comment