Changing blogging domain and site

Image
Dear blogger friends, Lately, I had a few problems with the Blogger web site for my blog The Content Reader . I took this as a sign that I should finally create a web site of my own. I have been checking out other options, but could not get my act together. Finally, I have managed to create a basic web site with Wix, which I hope will be developed over time.  It has not been easy to find my way around. One thing one can say about Blogger is that it is easy to work with.  This site will no longer be updated Follow me to my new domain @  thecontentreader.com Hope to see you there.  Lisbeth @ The Content Reader

Best books read in 2019



A little bit late to summarise my reading for 2019, but better late than never. I use inspiration from Books in Bloom, who got inspired by Jamie@The Perpetual Page Turner and Esther@BiteInBooks for various surveys.

Best In Books

1. Best books you read in 2019:
- A Gentleman in Moscow by Amor Towles

2. Book you were excited about & thought you were going to love more but didn’t:
- La fille qui lisait dans le metro by Christine Féret-Fleury

3. Most surprising (in a good way or bad way) book you read:
- Med Örnen mot polen by Svenska Sällskapet för Antropologi och Geografi (Scientific account of the Andrée expedition 1897)

4. Book you “pushed” the most people to read (and they did):
- A Gentleman in Moscow by Amor Towles (I have pushed a lot, if people read, well, that is another matter).

5. Best series you started in 2019. Best sequel of 2019. Best series ender of 2019.
1793 by Niklas Dag och Natt

6. Favourite new author, you discovered in 2019:
- Beatriz Williams

7. Best book from a genre you don’t typically read/was out of your comfort zone:
- None

8. Most action-packed/thrilling/unputdownable book of the year:
- The Man from St Petersburg by Ken Follett (audio)

9. A book you read in 2019 that you are most likely to re-read next year?
- A Gentleman in Moscow by Amor Towles

10. Favourite cover of a book you read in 2019:
- The Golden Hour by Beatriz Williams

11. The most memorable character of 2019:
- Count Alexander Rostov in A Gentleman in Moscow by Amor Towles

12. Most beautifully written book read in 2019:
- A Gentleman in Moscow by Amor Towles

13. Most thought-provoking/life-changing book of 2019:
- A Gentleman in Moscow by Amor Towles

14. Book you can’t believe you waited UNTIL 2019 to finally read:
- Kristin Lavransdotter by Sigrid Undset

15. Favorite quote from a book you read in 2019:

- “if a man does not master his circumstances then he is bound to be mastered by them.” A Gentleman in Moscow by Amor Towles

16. Shortest and longest books you read in 2019:
- Five Great Short Stories by Anton Chekhov (shortest)
- Kristin Lavransdatter by Sigrid Undset (longest - all four books/parts)

17. Book that shocked you the most:
- Wedlock: How Georgian Britain's Worst Husband Met His Match by Wendy Moore (audio)

18. OTP of the year (you will go down with this ship!):
- A Gentleman in Moscow by Amor Towles

19. Favorite non-romantic relationship of the year:
- The Third Man by Graham Greene

20. Favorite book you read in 2019 from an author you’ve read previously:
- The Muse by Jessie Burton

21. Best book you read in 2019 that you read based SOLELY on a recommendation from somebody else:
- Jag for ner till bror by Karin Smirnoff

22. Newest fictional crush from a book you read in 2019:
- Count Alexander Rostov in A Gentleman in Moscow by Amor Towles

23. Best 2019 debut you read:
- Silvervägen by Stina Jackson

24. Most vivid setting you read this year:
- Kristin Lavransdotter by Sigrid Undset

25. A book that put a smile on your face/was the most FUN to read:
- I think I read too many serious books this year!

26. A book that made you cry or nearly cry in 2019:
- I cry easily, but can't recall really crying over any of the stories I read in 2019

27. Hidden gem of the year:
- The Golden Hour by Beatriz Williams

28. A book that crushed your soul:
- Bränn alla mina brev by Alex Schulman

29. The most unique book you read in 2019:
- A Gentleman in Moscow by Amor Towles

30. The book that made you the maddest (doesn’t necessarily mean you didn’t like it):
- Wedlock: How Georgian Britain's Worst Husband Met His Match by Wendy Moore (audio)

There you are! It might be a little bit onesided, considering that I went for A Gentleman in Moscow by Amor Towles ten times. But, it did stand out as the best book ever. It is interesting to highlight the books you have read during the year in this way. Do you agree about any of the books I have chosen here? Please let me know.


Comments

  1. Hey Lisbeth,
    I knew there are travel blogs. But this is the first time I took a look at a reading-blog! This is really impressive. Especially the challenges. Never heard of that before too. Great!!
    As "A Gentleman in Moscow" is your favorite, I put it on my list for my next journey. If I had to recommend one, it would be the first book I was reading in english. Jean Houstons Biografie "A Mythic LIfe". Well its not a common biography, but more, different stories related to important times or events of her life and teachings. If you don't know her, she is the figurehead of the human potential movement. Her writing is absolutely rich for senses and brain.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Angelika, I am happy if you like my book blog. It is nice to exchange views on books with other like-minded people. A Gentleman... is really good. Thank you for your recommendation, I will have a look. Always nice to find new areas of life to bite into.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Subtle Art Of Not Giving A F*ck by Mark Manson

How To Read Novels Like A Professor by Thomas C. Foster

Searching for Caleb by Anne Tyler