Changing blogging domain and site

Image
Dear blogger friends, Lately, I had a few problems with the Blogger web site for my blog The Content Reader . I took this as a sign that I should finally create a web site of my own. I have been checking out other options, but could not get my act together. Finally, I have managed to create a basic web site with Wix, which I hope will be developed over time.  It has not been easy to find my way around. One thing one can say about Blogger is that it is easy to work with.  This site will no longer be updated Follow me to my new domain @  thecontentreader.com Hope to see you there.  Lisbeth @ The Content Reader

Book sale

Every year, in the end of February, there is a big book sale going on in Sweden. Yes, I know, I should not buy any more books before reading all the unread books I already have. But, I am weak when it comes to temptations. So, not only did I place a post order, I was lured to the actual shop buy a promotion of "buy 4 pay for 3", which led to me buying 6 books.

Here are the titles:


Ett jävla solsken (A Bloody Sunshine, my transl.) by Fatima Bremmer, about Ester Blenda Nordström, and investigating, female journalist in the beginning of the last century. She worked anonymously as a maid in order to write articles on how life for the maids were. The articles were turned into a book. From there she went to bigger expeditions, of which one was to a dangerous volcano area in Siberia. Always interesting to read about pioneer women.

Die Manns by Tilman Lahne about the family of Thomas Mann. I loved his Buddenbrooks and it should be an interesting biography.

The Muse by Jessie Burton. Just loved her book The Miniature Maker and it can't be wrong to try another of her books.

The German Girl (La nina alemana) by Armando Lucas Correa. Starting during the World War II when young Hannah Rosenthal and her best friend Leo Martin manage to get a ticket for Kuba. The overseas asylum they were promised turns out to be an illusion. Seventy five years later twelve-year-old Anna Rosen gets a strange packet from an unknown relative in Kuba. I love when stories from two different ages melts into one. This story sounds promising.


Evolutionen och jag (The Evolution and Me, my transl.) by Johan Frostegård. The evolution is always interesting to read about. This book evaluates the evolution and how it affects our own lives; moral, gender roles, religion, AI and mikro organisms. A book that might explain our society today.


This Book Will Make You Mindful by Jessamy Hibberd & Jo Usmar. Another useful book for every day life. To understand our ups and downs and help us live in the now and use time better, which will hopefully make you happier and more satisfied. Let's hope. I will keep you updated.


Vego in 30 Minutes by Ylva Bergqvist. I am not either a vegetarian or a vego person, but I like to mix my food with such meals. It does make you feel much better, is healthier and if you can fix a meal in 30 minutes it helps. It has a nice layout, just the way I like it in a cook book; Ingredients, a small text on how to do it and a picture. If I plan well, it will make my week meals much better.





Last, but not least three grammatical books by Sara Lövestam. Yes, you heard me.
Grejen med verb (The Thing With Verbs)
Grejen med substantiv (The Thing With Nones)
Grejen med ordföljd (The Thing With Wording)
Grammar is not my best subject, although (at least in Swedish) I just know how to use grammar. I do find it quite fascinating though. These books are written in a humorous way. I think they would be excellent to use in school. The author is a teacher, so hopefully she uses it in her teachings.

Ten new books to squeeze into my shelves, although I don't know where. I am very pleased though with the variety of books. 

Comments

  1. Funny, when I saw your post through my email, I saw the montage with 4 covers, and was already preparing to answer, well, 4 books, it's reasonable. and then, I saw the full post, lol.... I'm getting so picky that last time I went to a huge book sale, I managed to buy none!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just a tease the four of them. I ordered them in advance, and was not really going to buy more. However, when you actually visit the store and see the books, it is difficult to stop oneself. Although I tend to go for non-fiction books. Being back in Sweden now, I can enjoy the libraries in another way for fiction books.
      I will think of your self discipline next time I am there! Well done.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Subtle Art Of Not Giving A F*ck by Mark Manson

How To Read Novels Like A Professor by Thomas C. Foster

Searching for Caleb by Anne Tyler