Changing blogging domain and site

Image
Dear blogger friends, Lately, I had a few problems with the Blogger web site for my blog The Content Reader . I took this as a sign that I should finally create a web site of my own. I have been checking out other options, but could not get my act together. Finally, I have managed to create a basic web site with Wix, which I hope will be developed over time.  It has not been easy to find my way around. One thing one can say about Blogger is that it is easy to work with.  This site will no longer be updated Follow me to my new domain @  thecontentreader.com Hope to see you there.  Lisbeth @ The Content Reader

Long time no see!

It was a while since I wrote something on this blog. Life has been very busy the last couple of weeks. I have spent them in Sweden, decorating our own and our son's new flats. A lot of driving here an there, looking for suitable furniture, carrying, unpacking, putting together etc etc. I feel quite exhausted. My son's flat is now in order so that feels good. Ours are slowly coming together. We are still waiting for the furniture we have ordered; a new luxurious bed, a sofa and a dining table. I think we still have to wait a few weeks. On Monday I head back to Brussels and have to take care of a house and garden  which need care as well. It never ends it seems. The worst part? It takes away my time for reading and blogging!

The beginning of my library. Although it will
not be enough, you have to start somewhere!

I have missed you all out there, although I have managed to follow your blog posts. I see you are up to a lot of things and I am happy for all of you. Hope I will be able to read a little bit more in the coming months, but am not so sure.

Since my last post I have read four books (not too much, I know). They are The Rare and the Beautiful, The Lives of the Garmans by Cressida Connolly, K is for Killer by Sue Grafton, The Masque of the Black Tulip by Lauren Willig and The Distant Hours by Kate Morton. Reviews of the first and last will follow. Both fascinating books in their own way. I am presently reading the fantastic The Unlikely Pilgrimage of Harold Fry by Rachel Joyce.  Much to reflect on in this story of a life wasted. The other one I have started is from a Dutch writer Hendrik Groen Attempts to Make Something of Life. The Secret Diary of Hendrik Groen, 83 1/4 Years Old.  It is a hilarious diary from an old people's home, the life their, their inhabitants and their thoughts. Very funny.

I had a few days by the pool which was
enjoyable. Here reading in the sun.
I have been accepted for an on-line course in Creative writing, so happy about that. I think! It will also take a lot of time, and I already feel a little bit stressed about it. But, I just have to take the day as it comes and do the best of it. But there are so many things out there that is so fun to do, and I want to make it all! As Friedrich Nietzsche said: "If you know the why, you can live any how."





Comments

  1. Think how nice everything will look when finished. :-) I bought the Secret Diary.... recently but not read it. Leaving for England and Ireland in another 10 days so busy packing on paper so I don;t forget anything. Will put things in case soon. Sounds like you are getting more read than I am. We;ll see how that goes over the next month. All the best,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have now finished the diary and it is really great! A lot of thoughts worthy to think of a little bit more. I think it describes rather well how it must be in an old peoples home, if you still have a little bit of curiosity within you.
      Good luck with your trip, sounds great!

      Delete
  2. How nice to get the flat in order -- that can be such a big task. And I love that you are planning on taking the writing course. I think you'll love it!

    Thanks for stopping by The Marmelade Gypsy -- it's so very nice to see you there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is nice, although overwhelming at times. Now, I am back home to gather more energy.
      I loved your posts from Martha's Vineyard. Looks absolutely stunning and a place one must visit!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Subtle Art Of Not Giving A F*ck by Mark Manson

Searching for Caleb by Anne Tyler

How To Read Novels Like A Professor by Thomas C. Foster