Changing blogging domain and site

Image
Dear blogger friends, Lately, I had a few problems with the Blogger web site for my blog The Content Reader . I took this as a sign that I should finally create a web site of my own. I have been checking out other options, but could not get my act together. Finally, I have managed to create a basic web site with Wix, which I hope will be developed over time.  It has not been easy to find my way around. One thing one can say about Blogger is that it is easy to work with.  This site will no longer be updated Follow me to my new domain @  thecontentreader.com Hope to see you there.  Lisbeth @ The Content Reader

The Darkness by Ragnar Jónasson


The Icelandic crime writers does not disappoint. I have read another book by Ragnar Jónasson, Rupture, but The Darkness is a different kind of story. They are both set against the wild landscape of Iceland and it gives a certain atmosphere to the stories. In a way, I guess, both books are similarly built up, although totally different. Rupture is set against and old story, cold case, that pops up out of the blue, and there is a dramatic family story to it. The Darkness is slightly different.

Huld Hermannsdóttir is about to retire. She feels she has been neglected by her boss and colleagues and not taken seriously. When the boss tells her she should go earlier due to the arrival of a younger colleague, she becomes devastated. She already has problem coming to terms with retirement. The boss tells her to hand over her cases and maybe look into a cold case for her remaining weeks in the office.

This leads her to the death of a Russian immigrant girl a year earlier. Reported as a suicide she rather quickly realises that it was murder. We follow Hulda on her last quest to solve a murder case. Simultaneously, we get a hint of her own sad background. As often is the case with criminal investigators these days, Hulda is depressed, lonely and does not seem to be able to enjoy life. Hulda little by little finds more evidence of a murder, and as she venture further into the deserted areas of Iceland, something unexpectedly happens. The ending is one big surprise.

I love the Icelandic crime noir and Jónasson is certainly there among the best authors. Although I enjoyed both books, I probably liked Rupture more, due to the old story coming up to the surface. But, again, that is me, love these kind of things. This is the first book in the series of Hulda Hermannsdóttir.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Subtle Art Of Not Giving A F*ck by Mark Manson

How To Read Novels Like A Professor by Thomas C. Foster

Searching for Caleb by Anne Tyler