Changing blogging domain and site

Image
Dear blogger friends, Lately, I had a few problems with the Blogger web site for my blog The Content Reader . I took this as a sign that I should finally create a web site of my own. I have been checking out other options, but could not get my act together. Finally, I have managed to create a basic web site with Wix, which I hope will be developed over time.  It has not been easy to find my way around. One thing one can say about Blogger is that it is easy to work with.  This site will no longer be updated Follow me to my new domain @  thecontentreader.com Hope to see you there.  Lisbeth @ The Content Reader

Mount TBR Reading Challenge - check point #3

October is here and time for another check point for our mountaineering efforts. Bev at My Reader's Block has called upon us to tell you where we are. So far I have read 35 books from my TBR shelves. Well, it is really some more, but for this challenge it has to be books which were on the shelves before 1 January 2017.

On 1 July, I had read 23 books, and now I am at 35 books. That is just one book short of climbing Mt Vancouver. It is 4,812 m to the top, and I am on 4,678 m. Another book and another 135 meters and I am there!

Bev has given us a few tasks to complete, based on the books we have read. Here we go!

  • Who has been your favourite character so far? And tell us why, if you like.
I think I go for a family, the Buddenbrooks. Thomas Mann manages to fully engage us in the members of this family and their rise and fall. A fantastic book.

  • Which book (read so far) has been on your TBR mountain the longest? Was it worth the wait? Or is it possible you should have tackled it back when you first put it on the pile? Or tossed it off the edge without reading it all?

I think it has to be "The World Around in 80 Days" by Jules Verne. Probably should have read it then. Although the idea behind it is great, the prose as such was a little bit static. This is the only book by him I have read, and it seems he is not famous for his characterisation, but more for his ideas. Good enough. 

  • Choose 1-4 titles from your stacks and using a word from the title, do an image search. Post the first all-eyes-friendly picture associated with that word. 
Buddenbrooks
Lisbeth
Unsolved Mysteries of Amsterdam
Effie




That was all from me on this quest for Mt Vancouver. Hopefully, see you on Mt Ararat or Kilimanjaro at the end of the year!



 

Comments

  1. You're doing very well with your TBR stack. I would like to try a TBR challenge next year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a really good way to force yourself to read all the books you have at home. Once upon a time you bought them because you wanted to read them. However, it seems, the longer they are there the less inclined you are to read them. At least that is how it works for me. These challenges are really perfect.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Subtle Art Of Not Giving A F*ck by Mark Manson

Searching for Caleb by Anne Tyler

How To Read Novels Like A Professor by Thomas C. Foster