Changing blogging domain and site

Image
Dear blogger friends, Lately, I had a few problems with the Blogger web site for my blog The Content Reader . I took this as a sign that I should finally create a web site of my own. I have been checking out other options, but could not get my act together. Finally, I have managed to create a basic web site with Wix, which I hope will be developed over time.  It has not been easy to find my way around. One thing one can say about Blogger is that it is easy to work with.  This site will no longer be updated Follow me to my new domain @  thecontentreader.com Hope to see you there.  Lisbeth @ The Content Reader

20 Books of Summer

I have been away for 12 days (London and Menorca) and had a wonderful time. More about that later. When I managed to go into feedly to read your blogs, I ran into this challenge. Sounds like a good idea for the summer.

It is Cathy at Cathy 746 Books who hosts this annual challenge;  20 Books of Summer. Well, since she admits the rules are a little bit slack, you can choose 10, 15 or 20 books from your TBR shelves. They should be read between 1 June 2017 and 3 September 2017. Suits me fine, since I want to read at least 50 books from my TBR shelves, if possible more.


I have the same problems like some other bloggers, that as soon as I put a book down on a list, I dread to read it. I just don't know why. I hope this list will not cause me look for other books on my shelves. However, whatever book that disappears from there is a good deed.

Here is my list:

Bowen, McAleer, Blyth - Monsoon Traders, The Maritime World of the East India Company
Bryson, Bill - Notes from a Small Island
Chopra, Deepak - Self Power - Spiritual Solutions to Life's Greatest Challenges
Gogol, Nikolaj - The Overcoat and Other Short Stories
Hannah, Kristin - Viskar ditt namn (Angel Falls)
Indridason, Arnaldur - Den som glömmer
Isherwood, Christopher - Goodbye To Berlin
Marques, Gabriel Garcia - One Hundred Years of Solitude
Morton, Kate - The Secret Keeper
Tolstoy, Leo - Anna Karenina

It is a mixture of fiction and non-fiction books. I will check in on this challenge sometimes in beginning of July to see where I am. Maybe I can add a few books.


Comments

  1. I think the main fun of these book challenges is the act of compiling the list - whether we read them now (or sometime later) it doesn't matter :-)

    Menorca sounds delightful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is true. I make a lot of lists that I never look at again, haha! Hopefully, here I am more organised and will keep a little bit of track.
      Menorca was wonderful and relaxing. Just what I needed.

      Delete
  2. Den enda bok jag läst på din lista är Den som glömmer, och den är en av mina favoriter från Erlendur serien.

    http://www.marelden.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Låter lovande. Jag har älskat alla de böcker jag läsa av honom. Det finns alltid en fascinerande, ofta sorglig historia som man tar till sig.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Subtle Art Of Not Giving A F*ck by Mark Manson

Searching for Caleb by Anne Tyler

How To Read Novels Like A Professor by Thomas C. Foster