Otherwise I finished the challenge and read the following books.
- A country - The High Mountains of Portugal by Yann Mantel
- An item of clothing - The Woman in White by Wilkie Collins
- An item of furniture - The Binding Chair by Kathy Harrison
- A profession - Alkemistens dotter (The Alchemist's Daughter) by Carl-Michael Edenborg
- A month of the year - Light in August by William Faulkner (not finished)
- A title with the word 'tree' in it - Under the Greenwood Tree by Thomas Hardy
I enjoyed all books except Faulkner. Hardy's book was a little bit more tricky. I am a big fan of Hardy, but here he writes in dialect, and I always find it hard to read. It was also rather slow in the beginning, but picked up in the last part. His writing is always beautiful.
Now looking forward to the same challenge in 2017! Thank you to The Worm Hole for hosting.