Having failed almost completely to finish any of the books on my list (I only finished La Nausée by Jean-Paul Sartre), I am still hopeful. Maybe this time.
The spin is #15 and here is my list:
1. Sense and Sensibility by Jane Austen
3. David Copperfield by Charles Dickens
4. The Mill on the Floss by George Eliot
5. Light in August by William Faulkner
6. Karin Lavransdotter by Sigrid Undset
7. Buddenbrooks by Thomas Mann
8. A Portrait of the Artist as a Young Man by James Joyce
9. Women in Love by D.H. Lawrence
10. A Streetcar Named Desire by Tennessee Williams
11. Richard III by William Shakespeare
12. Travels With My Aunt by Graham Green
13. The Grapes of Wrath by John Steinbeck
14. The Overcoat and Other Stories by Nikolaj Gogol
15. Vile Bodies by Evelyn Waugh
16. Sweet Bird of Youth by Tennessee Williams
17. The Taming of a Screw by William Shakespeare
18. Mansfield Park by Jane Austen
19. To the Lighthouse by Virginia Woolf
20. Tom Sawyer by Mark Twain
... and the book is: Vile Bodies by Evelyn Waugh
I should definitely be able to read that one. Will bring it with me to Halle, where I will go to watch a tennis tournament with my son. We are hoping that the greatest, Roger Federer, will be back in action! Rain is forecasted so there might be time to read in between!
As you see I did finish The Woman in White by Wilkie Collins, but this was outside of the Spin.
I will still try to read the last spin; A portrait of the Artist as a Young Man by James Joyce.
Let us be surprised!
Good luck with your books. Anything interesting that you might finalise for August 1?