So far I have read 25 books, so it is looking good for the 51+ I have opted for.
The next challenge goes hand in hand with the above. The aim is to lower the number of books on your TBR shelves.
'Mount TBR Reading Challenge' is hosted by My Reader's Block in order to reduce your TBR shelves. Always a great challenge for me. I opt for 100 books!
So far I have read 25 books, so it does not look that great! I have also opted for 100 books at Goodreads so definitely have to speed up my reading.
Here are the books read so far:
1. The life-changing magic of tidying by Marie Kondo
2. Our Man in Havanna by Graham Greene
3. Jailbird by Kurt Vonnegut
4. The German Woman by Paul Griner
5. Under jorden i Vilette by Ingrid Hedström
6. The Almost Nearly Perfect People - Behind the Myth of the Scandinavian Utopia by Michael Booth
7. The High Mountains of Portugal by Yann Martel
8. The Lady and the Unicorn by Tracy Chevallier
9. Amsterdam - A History of the World's Most Liberal City by Russell Shorto
10. Che by Björn Kumm (audio)
11. The Sage of Waterloo by Leona Francombe
12. Selected works by Alexander Pushkin
13. Blekingegatan 32 by Lena Einhorn
14. How can one not be interested in Belgian History by various authors
15. The Secret History of the Pink Carnation by Lauren Willig
16. Alkemistens dotter (The Alchemist's Daughter) by Carl-Michael Edenborg
17. The Prague Cemetery by Umberto Eco
18. Tulip Fever by Deborah Moggach
19. The Other Rembrandt by Alex Connor
20. Stormaktens sista krig by Olle Larsson
21. Mad Women by Jane Maas
22. The Girl Who Saved the King of Sweden by Jonas Jonasson
23. Travels With my Aunt by Graham Greene
24. The hand that first held mine by Maggie O'Farrell
25. The Road by Cormac Mc Carthy
Well, summer is coming, or is already here. Although it will be a very busy time for me, I hope to be able to read some really nice books from my shelves.
How are you doing with your challenges? How does your summer reading, or winter reading for those in other parts of the world, proceed? The most important thing is that we enjoy the reading, discover new authors and books. My ’to read’ list is always filling up with your recommendations.