Monday, 2 May 2016

The Classic Spin # 12 - Judgement day!

Hello there!  I hardly dare to tell you that I failed again! I was so positive that I would make it for this spin. James Joyce, A Portrait of the Artist as a Young Man, not a very thick book, so I started a while ago...and that is it. I just could not continue reading this book. I think that Joyce might not be the writer for me...but I would like to read him. Hmm! Maybe one day...or not!



This book contains Dubliners and  A Portrait of the Artist as a Young Man! No excuse really. Brona managed to read and post about Dubliners! But, if I may say, it starts better than A portrait... Here is the first paragraph of the book:

Once upon a time and a very good time it was there was a moocow coming down along the road and this moocow that was coming down along the road met a nicens little boy named baby tuckoo...
His father told him that story: his father looked at him through a glass: he had a hairy face.
He was baby tuckoo. The moocow came down the road where Betty Byrne lived: she sold lemon platt. 
 ...and so it goes on!

Sorry! If somebody has read it, I would be happy to hear what you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment