- Gone with the Wind by Margaret Mitchell (a favourite book and don't we just love to dislike Scarlet?)
- Brideshead Revisited by Evelyn Waugh (a wonderful piece on a disappearing world order)
- The Garden of Evening Mist by Tan Twang Eng (a beautifully written book on terrible times, but where love, in spite of everything, grows)
- Wuthering Heights by Emily Brontë (my favourite Brontë book, although dark and violent, Heathcliff's and Catherine's love knows no borders)
- Outlander by Diana Gabaldon (just love this love story crossing over present and past)
Three of the books are written many years ago. Time will tell whether a book is good or not. For the two new books, we still don't know, but these two books at least kept me occupied and they stayed with me afterwards.
Which are the five books that you would take with you to your deserted island?