Changing blogging domain and site

Image
Dear blogger friends, Lately, I had a few problems with the Blogger web site for my blog The Content Reader . I took this as a sign that I should finally create a web site of my own. I have been checking out other options, but could not get my act together. Finally, I have managed to create a basic web site with Wix, which I hope will be developed over time.  It has not been easy to find my way around. One thing one can say about Blogger is that it is easy to work with.  This site will no longer be updated Follow me to my new domain @  thecontentreader.com Hope to see you there.  Lisbeth @ The Content Reader

A Daytrip to Antwerp

This morning the sun was shining for a change, so I decided to go to Antwerp, to visit a few more museums and churches. When I got closer I realised that Antwerp is grey and no sunshine. Hmm, should maybe have stayed in Brussels. However, later in the day the sun came out. Here some photos from the day.

From a private collector's museum Mayer van den Bergh. Lovely paintings and other collections. There were even some paintings from Brueghel (older and younger).

The Library

The wall paper of the library. Fantastic!


Illustrations

The Salon and Office 

Some city pictures.




And a lovely triptych from the Cathedral of Our Lady. There are also some lovely paintings by Rubens.

The wooden carvings are exquisite!

Comments

  1. Wow, so beautiful! I'm really fond of illustrations like the one here. Thanks for sharing these lovely photos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! It is such a pleasant surprise when you go somewhere and it really surpass your expectations. The museum was a pearl.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Subtle Art Of Not Giving A F*ck by Mark Manson

Searching for Caleb by Anne Tyler

How To Read Novels Like A Professor by Thomas C. Foster