Now, however, I read in Brona's Books about the Classic Club spin no. 7. Sounds interesting and a good way to read a classic book. For more info on the Classic Club go here.
The idea is to make a list of 20 classics that you want to read. On Monday 11 August, there will be a chosen number and the book on this number you should read. Fait accompli! No way back.
Choosing from what classics I have in my TBR shelves, and not having the same author twice, here is my list of classics:
1. Emma by Jane Austen
2. The Woman in White by Wilkie Collins
3. David Copperfield by Charles Dickens
4. The Angelic Avengers by Isak Dinesen
5. The Mill on the Floss by George Eliot
6. Light in August by William Faulkner
7. My Childhood by Maxim Gorky
8. Buddenbrooks by Thomas Mann
9. A Portrait of the Artist as a Young Man by James Joyce
10. Women in Love by D.H. Lawrence
11. Gulliver's Travels by Jonathan Swift
12. Anna Karenina by Leo Tolstoy
13. Tom Sawyer by Mark Twain
14. The World Around in 80 Days by Jules Verne
15. Ben Hur by Lew Wallace
16. A Streetcar Named Desire by Tennessee Williams
17. La Nausé by Jean-Paul Sartre
18. Richard III by William Shakespeare
19. Travels With My Aunt by Graham Green
20. The Grapes of Wrath by John Steinbeck
|My TBR books|
For my overall reading in the Classic Club you can see which 50 books I have chosen here.
The above are included in the list.