Monday, 19 May 2014

Book lists - what to read?

When I read your blogs I always stumble into books that I feel I want to read. Considering all the books I already have, I feel I have to go through some of them, before I can start buying new ones. Not to forget which books I was interested in (yes, that happens all the time!) I have made a list of books that seems interesting to read.

Just today I read, at the blog "Pocketlover" (A blog in Swedish), how great the book Stoner by John Williams is. I went to Google and found a review by Julian Barnes in The Guardian who named it the book of 2013. Not bad for a book published in 1965! So this seems a must. Below is a list of books I think is worth reading, with no special order, just as they have popped up.



Do you make a list of books you want to read? Inspired by other blogs? Write a comment and refer to possible reviews. Who knows, my list might increase!  


  • The Weight of Blood by Laura McHugh
  • Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn 
  • The Country Wife by William Wycherley
  • Time After Time (eBook) by D.P. Mendes-Kelly
  • A Moveable Feast by Hemingway
  • And the Sun Also Rises by Hemingway - received
  • Hemingway, the Paris Years by Michael Reynolds - received
  • Paris Was Yesterday by Janet Flanner - received/reading
  • EH A Life by Carlos Baker - received
  • Hemingway's Women - received
  • A book about the Dutch East India Company
  • The Taliban Cricket Club by Timeri Murari
  • A Cornish Affair by Liz Fenwick
  • En dos stryknin by Olle Mattsson (om gifter i litteraturen)
  • The Dutch Golden Age by Hans Goedkoop and Kees Zandvliet
  • The Seventh Etching by Judith K. White
  • I am Rembrandt's daughter by Lynn Cullen
  • The Paris Architect by Charles Belfoure
  • Necessary Lies by Diane Chaubetlain ?
  • Becoming Jane Eyre by Sheila Kohler
  • A Divide of Inheritance by Deborah Swift
  • The Valley of Amazement by Amy Tan
  • The Entity by Eric Frattini
  • The Last Romance by Kathleen Valentine
  • We Were Liars by E. Lockhart
  • All the Light We Cannot See by Anthony Doers
  • Stoner by John Williams


1 comment:

  1. My (great) public library in Washington, DC lets me put indefinite holds on books I want to read in the future. While this is not a book list as such, I can always activate my "hold" whenever I feel like reading a book that had caught my attention previously. A great system, and everything completely free of charge. I LOVE US PUBLIC LIBRARIES!

    ReplyDelete